[THIN] Betr.: Where's the data-store?

  • From: "Michel Roth" <m.roth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:38:41 +0100

Steve!

I was having the EXACT same problem some time ago. I posted this to this
mailing list, but to no effect. In my case I found out about the datastore
by digging in the registry. I think there's a value in there that tell you
which server the datastore is. Anyway, I created a very crude VB script
that digs up the datastore and the data collector for you. Read more and
download it here: http://www.thincomputing.net/newsitem126.html

HTH,
M.Roth

|         |           "Steve Cornell"  |
|         |           <thinwonder@hotma|
|         |           il.co.uk>        |
|         |           Verzonden door:  |
|         |           thin-bounce@freel|
|         |           ists.org         |
|         |           22-03-05 22:51   |
|         |           Antwoord a.u.b.  |
|         |           aan thin         |

  |       Aan:      thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                 |
  |       cc:
                                 |
  |Onderwerp:       [THIN] Where's the data-store?

I have a possibly stupid question but I just can't think of the answer.
I've
just "inherited" some XP farms with no handover/documentation and I'm on a
discovery mission. Got most of what I need but is there a simple way of
finding out where a farms data-store lives, and what type it is? (I'm 99%
sure it'll be SQL but need to confirm). If anyone has any ideas/pointers on

a script to discover Citrix servers (querying for the existience of the IMA

service or something) without bringing a large W2K enterprise to its knees
that would also be handy!

Cheers!

Steve

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
stability for thin-client servers like Citrix MetaFrame or Microsoft
Terminal Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296