[THIN] Re: Backup printserver/Importing printserver with DNS name

  • From: "Joanne Determann" <joanne.determann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:55:18 -0400

Yes our Win/MF environment is identical.
We use AD, but I wouldn't think that would be any different.

 And you can ping the DNS print name from the MF servers and when you do
an ipconfig the dns suffix are  there? So you are thinking  something in
MF can't resolve the name.

We have a mixed environment here. The office people have Windows 2000/XP
desktops and we use Citrix on the shop floor. Anyway my point is I got
the fatties working with the DNS print before I tackled the thin ones.

I haven't had a melt down yet where I actually have to reassign the
backup print server in DNS to test the failover.Joanne