[THIN] Re: BACKUP SOLUTION

  • From: "Joe Mulhall" <Joe.Mulhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:09:33 +0100

I use ARCServe2000 (Enterprise backing up rom another server), I had to =
restore a server a couple of months ago and it worked without issue. =20

I use access for the store, but if you're using SQL I'd recommend using =
SQL dumps rather than the ARCServe SQL Agent which can make things a lot =
more complicated than necessary. Set SQL to dump nightly, deleting backups =
over a day or two old (assuming you'll be doing full backups nightly and =
you can handle a few minutes downtime on your store).

Joe Mulhall
MCSE, MCP+I, CCSA

Network Engineer

>>> bem9127@xxxxxxxxx 03/06/2003 14:50:27 >>>
Depends on what your using as your data store but assuming your using SQL. =
 Backup your database
and use ghost or a similar utility to keep images (base image) of your =
Citrix boxes.  Use a
combination of base images (certain apps will be part of your base image) =
and Citrix Packager
(updates, service packs, etc....).  Hopefully your not maintaining data =
files on the Citrix boxes.
 Dedicate a file server for roaming profiles, documents, etc... and use =
Veritas or Arcserve to
backup the File Server, SQL Server, etc......

-Murphy

--- "ASTI Framil, Cornelio Jr. N." <junframil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> Can you please give me an advice regarding 3rd party software backup
> solutions for MetaFrame XP FR2?  Can I use Veritas version 8.5 or =
ARCServe
> 2000 Workgroup edition on MetaFrame XP FR2 for Windows 2000?  Thanks!!!
>=20
>     ___ _   _ _   _=20
>    |_  | | | | \ | |
>      | | | | |  \| |
>      | | | | | . ` |
>  /\__/ / |_| | |\  |
>  \____/ \___/\_| \_/
>=20
> http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm=20

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Brian Murphy, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, CCA
bem9127@xxxxxxxxx=20
469-223-1621 Cell
"If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the =
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, =
distribution or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you =
have received this message by error, please notify the sender immediately =
and delete this email."