[THIN] Re: ArcGIS

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:28:44 -0600

i had to turn off memory optimizations in 4.0 for the arcmap product

Matt Kosht wrote:
One tweak we used is a product like Tscale or the Memory Optimizer
builtin to Citrix PS4.0.  This will significantly reduce the virtual
memory use of this software

On 2/24/06, Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
didn't do anything but arcmap is a hog

Lonnie Truskowski wrote:
ArcGIS is the editor, it includes ArcMap and ArcInfo. It is used to make
the files that you are reading with ArcReader.

My problem is that on some occasions the app ArcMAP will hog 50% of the
processor for an extended period of time.