[THIN] Another Printer Problem

  • From: "Michael Boggan" <mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin list" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:14:25 -0500

We are running W2k3 and XP FR3/SP4.  We have some printers out there using the
UPDs but most do not. Lately we have been having issues where the UPD is used
even though the printer driver exists on the servers.  We have checked that the
driver names match. We have tried MAPPING the drivers to themselves.  Nothing
seems to work.  If we log in via RDP the driver is loaded and the printer
created without a problem, but if we go through Citrix, the UPD is used and not
the native driver.  We also, do not see any errors in the event log on the
servers, about problems creating printers.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Michael Boggan
XO Communications