[THIN] Re: An Independent iForum-like Conference?

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:39:45 -0700

Hi guys,=20

This sounds neat. I personally would be interested in anything like this
on either coast.=20

Fairfax is an old stomping ground for me, and honestly the best time to
be in visiting DC is in the spring, when all the cherry blossoms are out
. . .

Please let us all know if you guys setup a mailing list, or a website,
or something to provide more info on these potential events.=20

Thanks,

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On =
=3D
Behalf
Of Brian Madden
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 9:24 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] An Independent iForum-like Conference?

Hi All,
=3D20

At the THIN list dinner at Shula's at iForum last year, a bunch of us =
=3D
guys
and gals sat around and talked about all sorts of things.

=3D20

One thing we discussed was that we felt that iForum was turning into an
"industry event" as opposed to a good old fashioned tech conference. We
discussed creating our own vendor-neutral server-based computing =3D
technical
conference.

=3D20

I've been busily working on this idea for several months now. I've =3D
talked to
a lot of you offline about it, and to vendors, hotels, and management
companies. I live in Washington DC, and we've even brought this idea to
=3D
the
Fairfax County Economic Development Authority. Fairfax county is the =3D
home of
"Silicon Alley" which is the DC-area home to many huge tech companies. =
=3D
(They
love the idea, BTW.)

=3D20

So, here's what I'm thinking. I have a meeting with the FCEDA on Friday,
=3D
and
I'd like to get your opinions on stuff:

=3D20

Independent Server-Based Computing Tech Conference, Washington DC, April
2005

=3D20

This is our event. We can talk about whatever we want. I talked to the =
=3D
TS
product group at Microsoft, and they seemed interested. I think we could
=3D
get
some of the TS developers at this event. Also, we could talk about
MetaFrame, New Moon, Jetro, HOB, DAT, etc, etc.. plus all the =3D
third-party
tools. We could invite all the people from this LIST to speak, and we =
=3D
can
get together online to vote on the agenda, polls, etc.

=3D20

My idea is for this to be a technical event. I'd also like to make it =
=3D
much
cheaper than iForum, maybe around $500 or so.

=3D20

So, thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

=3D20

Remember that I don't have a job, so I can basically spend all day =3D
working
on putting this thing together.

=3D20

Brian

=3D20

Brian Madden

brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

+1.202.302.3657

Visit www.brianmadden.com <http://www.brianmadden.com>  for in-depth =3D
Citrix,
Terminal Server, and server-based computing news and analysis, white =3D
papers,
downloadable videos, and product reviews.

=3D20

know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest =3D
constraint to
scaling up?! Get this free white paper to understand the real =3D
constraints &
how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more
servers. http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D147

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D147
than buying more servers.