[THIN] Re: Adding System DSN ODBC for regular user

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:14:20 -0400

This is the .REG file I am using.  If a user has Power Users access it
works great.  with Users access, it only creates part of the entries and
says "files already in use".  Power Users and Users have the same access
to the DLL reference below.

I got the info by just looking at the registry on a computer where the
key was alreayy added.

--
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ODBC Data Sources]
"Text Files"="Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\Text Files]
"Driver"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\odbcjt32.dll"
"DriverId"=dword:0000001b
"FIL"="text;"
"SafeTransactions"=dword:00000000
"UID"=""

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\Text Files\Engines]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\Text Files\Engines\Text]
"Extensions"="txt,csv,tab,asc"
"ImplicitCommitSync"=""
"Threads"=dword:00000003
"UserCommitSync"="Yes"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"ScreenSaverIsSecure"="1"
"ScreenSaveTimeOut"="900"
"ScreenSaveActive"="1"