[THIN] Re: Acrobat 9.0 professional

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:07:22 -0400

Hmm it looks like from reading the Acrobat 8 software EULA you MIGHT be able
to do it.
Specifically:
*"Updates.* If the Software is an upgrade or update to a previous version of
Adobe software, you must possess a valid license to such previous version in
order to use such upgrade or update. After you install such update or
upgrade, you may continue to use any such previous version in accordance
with its end-user license agreement only if (a) the upgrade or update and
all previous versions are installed on the same device, (b) the previous
versions or copies thereof are not transferred to another party or device
unless all copies of the update or upgrade are also transferred to such
party or device and (c) you acknowledge that any obligation Adobe may have
to support the previous version(s) may be ended upon the availability of the
upgrade or update. No other use of the previous version(s) is permitted
after installation of an update or upgrade. Upgrades and updates may be
licensed to you by Adobe with additional or different terms."

So if I am reading this right you can keep 8 on the computer IF you bought
the upgrade version.  But I see nothing anywhere about downgrade options
like MS eula's so you might have to talk to Adobe on that one.

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com