[THIN] Re: Acrobat 4.0 and Acrobat Reader 5.1

  • From: Minero Hector B DLVA <MineroHB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:48:19 -0500

I went ahead and installed Acrobat Reader 5.1 and changed the following keys
in the registry:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AcroExch.Document\shell\open\command
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AcroExch.Document\shell\print\command
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AcroExch.Document\shell\printo\command

to point to D:\AcrobatReader\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

The files now open with Acrobat Reader 5, but I get errors when printing:

Unable to extract the embedded font 'TimesNewRoman,Bold'.  Some characters
may not display or print correctly.

Each document generates a different font error message.
I'm guessing Acrobat 5 does not know how to get the fonts.

Also, how do associate files in IE to open PDF docs with Acrobat 5?

Thanks,
Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55
Ph: (540)653-8859