[THIN] Re: Account lock tracking

  • From: Henry Sieff <hsieff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:27:07 -0600

Well I have written an NT service in PERL that monitors the DC for account
lockouts and can fire off an email when it sees one saying what server the
failed lockouts were attempted from, but I wrote it specifically for my
environment and I would need to customize it for you (no big deal; just need
the domain name and dc name, mail server address, and recipient list).

Aside from that, if you just look at the event log on the dc for the lockout
event (Event ID 644). In the details for that event, it will list the
computer which issued the lockouts (like, if the lockout occured through too
many failures to authenticate to the web server, the web server will be
listed in the event details. You can thenlook at the web server event logs
and IIS logs to determine what's going on).

Henry