[THIN] Access Gateway on VMWare

  • From: "Anthony Green" <agreen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 11:33:52 -0000

        You should only use this for testing purposes...

        Download the latest 4.2 iso image from Citrix website.

        Use VMWare Workstation v5.5 (should work on gsx and esx)

        Create a new virtual machine and select "other and other" for the
OS.

        Use the 4.2 iso image and mount it on the virtual CD rom in your new
machine.

        Create another NIC for the virtual machine - use host only for
networking for now.

        Once the machine is created, close vmware.

        Open the .vmx file for your new machine with notepad and add the
following lines

        ethernet0.virtualDev = e1000     (should come after the line
Ethernet0.connectionType = "hostonly")

        ethernet1.virtualDev = e1000     (should come after the line
Ethernet1.connectionType = "hostonly")

        Start the virtual machine

        Wait about 20 mins for it to install from the iso image

        Restart the virtual machine

You may have to play around with your vmnet nic so you can start
communicating with it, I changed mine from "host only" to vmnet8 in the
virtual machine and then give the vmnet8 adapter on my laptop an ip address
of 10.20.30.41 and it worked a treat.

Thanks,
Ant.