[THIN] "A slow network connection was detected". How does the server know?

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:55:40 -0000

Does anyone know how an NT4 TSE box detects a slow network connection? I've
set my system policy to not detect them but the system often pops up the box
to choose between Download or Use Local and my users generally choose Use
local. Of course, they don't have a local profile as it is deleted when they
log off so, BANG! no settings.

I'd like to find out how the slow network connection is detected. All
servers are on 100MB full duplex, so does the response time of the server
holding the profiles matter?

Regards
Angus