[THIN] Re: 2000 Terminal Server with 2003 CALS

  • From: Ben Pelzer <Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:59:12 +0100

Hi Chris,

As far as I know, your TSCAL license server needs at least to be the same OS as
your Terminal Servers / Citrix Servers
So Windows 2003 for Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 for Windows 2008

A TSCAL license server is however backward compatible, so it is for instance
possible to issue TSCAL's for Windows 2000 from a Windows 2003 server

Cheers,

Ben

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 15:57:55 +0000
Subject: [THIN] 2000 Terminal Server with 2003 CALS
From: Chris Strug <chrisstrug@xxxxxxxxx>

Greetings all,

Was wondering if anyone could confirm something for me. We've an old
Server 2000 based PS4.0 farm. The TS license server is 2000, likewise
all Citrix servers are PS4.0 on 2000.

We've found a need for a 2003 PS / XenApp server to be included in the
farm - however I'm pretty convinced that the fact our TS license
server is running server 2000 is going to prove a major sticking point
as I don't believe that a TS license server on Windows 2000 can issue
CALs for 2003 clients.

Can anyone confirm this is definately the case? - I tried a quick
Google but wasn't able to find anything conclusive...

Thanks all.

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist