[THIN] Re: 2 Wayyyy OT Questions

  • From: "Schutte, Keith [EPT/FLO]" <KSchutte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:17:02 -0500

Are you sure the 2000 boxes are not being logged in with cached information?
Perhaps all the machines have the problem, but only the 2000 boxes show
symptoms?  We've seen with some of our Cisco switches that do not have
portfast (not sure that is the correct name for the feature) turned off.
When the come up on the switch, the switch does some advanced diagnostics on
the port; you don't have a valid connection for up to a minute.  If you look
at the port on the switch while the diagnostics are being run, the link LED
is a different color until the connection is complete.

Keith