[THIN] Re: 170% more users in x64t?

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:18:13 -0700

Got this from the MS Web-site:

"There are a small number of features not included in x64 Windows,
including: DOS, POSIX, 16-bit support, and a few legacy networking protocols
no longer in active use. However, we do not expect customers running the
primary x64 usage scenarios to be affected by these differences. Based on
customer feedback, we expect the primary x64 usage scenarios for Windows
Server 2003 to be database, business applications, Terminal Server, Active
Directory, Internet Information Services (IIS), and technical computing."

There are still a lot of 16-bit applications out there running on TS.

Joe