[The Teacher List] Bring Your Own Device - not just for corporations?

  • From: Pete MacKay <pete@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: theteacherlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:56:32 -0600

I've been a proponent of using my own technology for my work and personal tasks
for years - both in my home and work spaces.  It's not a best-fit for every
solution but this article that my pal, Des King, sent has some insight on the
benefits of the practice.  If schools have not yet expanded their
Student-Owned/Personally-Owned Devices practices to include the teachers, it
might be a good time to start exploring how this type of flexibility can help
everyone.  Electronic leash or flexible productivity?  Unwelcome expense or
freedom from bureaucratic restrictions? It's an interesting discussion
regardless - feel free to leave a comment if this strikes a chord with you.
--
        The URL:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/23/technology/workers-own-cellphones-and-ipads-find-a-role-at-the-office.html?_r=1

to this email to reach
Pete directly.

Who have YOU invited to join The Teacher List today?  Help spread the word!
More Info at
http://www.theteacherlist.ca