[the-facts-machine] May 2015 BTBL Computer/Book Club

  • From: Steve <pipeguy920@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <the-facts-machine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 17:46:21 -0400

Subject: May 2015 BTBL Computer/Book Club

Good Afternoon All,

You can now login to the BTBL Computer/Book Club by phone. The call-in number
is 1-888-278-0296 and the access code is 5836578.

This Saturday the BTBL Computer Club has two presentations. Diana Engle will
present part two on accessible television remotes. This also includes such
options as the new Comcast cable box. Unfortunately we are unable to do a
hands-on demonstration of each product here at the library. Scott Norris will
try to answer your device questions in the second part of the program; what's
Wrong with my device? Each person gets an opportunity to ask one question
concerning an issue they are having with one of their adaptive technology
devices or software for the first go around. Then we will give people a chance
to ask a second question.

Since there are so many devices I might have to get back to you later with an
answer to your question.

If you can please e-mail the question prior to Saturday that would be helpful.
My e-mail is listed at the end of this message.

The BTBL Computer Club meets in the BTBL public service area LOCATED on the
first floor of the Library of Michigan across from the elevators. We meet from
10:30-12:30.

If you are unable to join us in Lansing see later in this message for
information on how to log in to the BTBL Online Meeting Room or how to access
our call-in number. .

If you want to stay for the book club we order out lunch from one of the local
sub shops. The cost is approximately $7.00 per person depending on what you
order.

One hour after the BTBL Computer Club ends the BTBL Book Club meets from
1:30-3:00. We meet in the BTBL public service area located on the first floor
of the Library of Michigan across from the elevators.

May's book is DB69074 Life is short but wide by J C Cooper.

In Wideland Oklahoma ninety-one year-old Hattie Brown and her mother reminisce
about their lives and neighbors. African American Val Strong marries African
American Irene and has two daughters Rose and Tante. Rose's daughter Myine has
a tragic life but finds love in her old age.

June 13, BR12543 RC/DB42805 Angela's Ashes: a memoir by Frank McCourt.

Frank McCourt recollects his miserable Irish Catholic childhood in the squalor
of Limrick. Absent any support from his glib, but shiftless, alcoholic father,
the family suffered hunger, cruelty, disease, and the death of children.
McCourt recounts his story without rancor. strong language

If you are unable to join us in Lansing you can join us by calling in by phone
or in the BTBL Online Meeting Room. The call-in number is 1-888-278-0296 and
the access code is 5836578.

If you have a computer, speakers, microphone, (optional) and Internet access
you can participate in the BTBL Computer/Book Club online.

To access the BTBL Online Meeting Room use this link

http://www.conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs417aa6694fed

Users of the BTBL online room may enter any username they wish. To enter the
room as a participant, please leave the password field blank. A software
plug-in is required for full access to tcConference, the webconferencing
software from a company called Talking Communities. The entry page to the BTBL
Online Meeting Room contains helpful information about the plug-in. A
no-plug-in-required web interface also is available for Mac, Linux, and MS
users who cannot (or prefer not to) install the software plug-in. Please note,
however, that not all tcConference features are available through the web
interface.

Access to the BTBL Online Meeting Room is provided through financial support
from the Library of Michigan Foundation.

If you have further questions contact Scott Norris at the information listed
below between 7:30-5:00 Monday-Thursday and 7:30-11:30 Friday.

See you at the computer and book club,

Scott

Scott J. Norris

Adaptive Technology Librarian