[texbirds] yellow breasted Rose-breasted Grosbeak

  • From: Michael Cooper <michael20212@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 13:52:40 -0500

Greetings birders,
Being fairly new to texbirds, I have never posted this photo. This shot was
actually taken last April at Sabine Woods. I found some info online about
this condition called Xanthochromism, which is an unusually yellow
pigmentation that can occur in certain birds. It claims to be very rare,
but does not state how rare. I would love to know if any of you texbirders
have seen this. Additional info would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131644039@N02/16968534581/

Michael B. Cooper
Kingwood,Tx