[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] mid-week birding Bexar County, San Antonio

  • From: "Barbour, Philip - NRCS, Fort Worth, TX" <Philip.Barbour@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:05:30 +0000 <Philip.Barbour@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

TexBirds:
I birded the Friedrich Wilderness Park, Bexar County, NW of San Antonio on
Tuesday, 17 April from 07:10 - 10:25 am.
Noteworthy was - very good and up close looks at Golden-cheeked Warbler (1)
male at the Windmill along Water Trail and another male along Main Loop.
I looked and listened for the Black-capped Vireo but had no luck there.
Also had what I believe was Black-crested Titmouse (heard only).  Saw Black and
White Warbler and Bewick's Wren as well as other expected more common birds.
Lastly, at 03:30 am Wednesday, 18 April, I was awakened by a Common Poorwill
giving it's two note "poor-will" call and trailing "ip" note outside my room at
the Menger Hotel.  Room 2080 faces Crockett Street along the south side of the
Alamo.
Philip
Philip J. Barbour, Ph.D., Certified Wildlife Biologist (r)
USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
Central National Technology Support Center
501 West Felix Street, Building 23
Fort Worth, Texas 76115
Office:        (817) 509-3225
Rubus sp.:   (817) 320-2095
Fax:             (817) 509-3336
Email:  philip.barbour@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for
the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the
use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and
immediately.

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds