[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] a few southwest Austin birds

  • From: LMarkoff <canyoneaglej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:13:21 -0500

Hi Texbirds,

While driveway birding yesterday evening I heard several Dickcissels go
over.  Great Crested Flycatcher has been calling for several days.  Cedar
Waxwings are a daily occurrence, a flock of 25-30 hanging around, very nice.

There are Ruby-throated and Black-chinned males duking it out over the
feeders.  I have to watch out for my head when I go out there!

Chuck-will's-widows must have settled in, for I am hearing them dawn, dusk,
and in between.  This morning they were particularly vocal, was thrilling to
hear them!

Lori Markoff
far southwest Austin

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds