[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Sabine Woods today (afternoon) - Black-whiskered Vireo

  • From: Kelley Sampeck <kpeck2487@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 21:56:58 -0500

Hi Texbirders,
Spent some time after work today birding out at TOS Sabine Woods in Sabine
Pass from about 3-7pm.  The number of birds in the woods was quite high;
there was very little lull time.  I totaled 20 warbler species on the day,
though I think there were around 25 warbler species reported.  The
highlight for me was the lifer Black-whiskered Vireo I found and
photographed in the southwestern corner of the sanctuary.  It was present
for at least 30 minutes and several people were able to see it.  Follow the
links to the pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kksampeck/6943078942/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kksampeck/6943174050/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kksampeck/7089257261/
My personal warbler list for the afternoon is below.  Other migratory
species I saw included Summer and Scarlet Tanagers, Baltimore and Orchard
Orioles, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Gray Catbirds (everywhere!), Swainson's
and Wood Thrushes, Yellow-throated Red-eyed and White-eyed Vireos, and
Yellow-billed Cuckoo.

Golden-winged
Blue-winged
Tennessee
Northern Parula
Yellow Warbler
Chestnut-sided
Black-throated Green
Blackburnian
Palm (western)
Black-and-white
Cerulean
American Redstart
Worm-eating
Ovenbird
Northern Waterthrush
Prothonotary
Kentucky
Common Yellowthroat
Wilson's
Hooded

--
Kelley Sampeck
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kksampeck/<http://www.flickr.com/photos/codyconway/>

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds