[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Pelicans Kingsland

  • From: David Bryant <highlandbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 10:29:35 -0500

I just observed a flock of around 600 what I decided were probably White
Pelicans moving slowly north over Kingsland. They seem to be going generally
in the direction of Lake Buchanan.

My wife called me from the local post office and told me to go out side and
look. The p.o. is at least 24th miles from our house but I could see the
flock or flocks. First there would be several loose "v's" then they would
all start circling in one huge bunch. They were so far away that I could
only pick out white color when they turned. I ready couldn't see black wing
tips.

My wife said they weren't making sounds. I figured Snow Geese would be
calling. They were stopping traffic there were so many of them.

David Bryant
Kingsland Tx

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds

Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at //www.freelists.org/list/texbirds