[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Hidalgo County

  • From: MiriamEagl@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 08:04:58 -0400

Hi, all!

Haven't had time to update the website yet, but a romp around southern
Hidalgo County yesterday produced a list of 91 species and a handful of year
birds; highlights include two singing Chuck-will's-widows at Bentsen
pre-dawn,  my FOS Western Kingbird on the way out, both Broad-winged and
Swainson's
Hawk at  the Santa Ana hawk watch site, Chimney Swifts at Frontera, and a
Bullock's  Oriole that I first heard and John Yochum confirmed, also at
Frontera (I never  did see it, attesting once again to the "good ears, bad eyes"
principle...).  Full trip report, photos, and recordings to follow
(probably Tuesday).

Mary Beth  Stowe
McAllen, TX
_www.miriameaglemon.com_ (http://www.miriameaglemon.com/)

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds