[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Hawkwatching...

  • From: Dane Ferrell <daneferrell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 22:10:13 -0500

Today(04/07), Libby Even, myself, and several Friends did some
Hawkwatching at Hazel Bazemore County Park. Overall, it was quite slow -
although we did have a stream of 45 Mississippi Kites(awesome!)

At about 5pm, a few of us headed West to the Knolle Farms area. Here is
what we counted:

Broad-winged Hawks = 635

Turkey Vultures = 19

Black Vultures = 3

Swallow-tailed Kites = 2

Mississippi Kites = 2

Swainson's Hawks = 2

Cooper's Hawks = 1

Total = 664

Also, we had Lark, Vesper, and Savannah Sparrows.

Knolle Farms Rocks...

Dane Ferrell
Corpus Christi, TX

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds