[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Corpus and Port A 4/8

  • From: Helen Rejzek <hmr78253@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 11:30:27 -0500

Yesterday,we drove to the coast for the day.Started the day at Blucher Park and
ended the day at Paradise Pond in Port Aransas.Thanks to Karen Moulder I was
able to find the Swainson's Warbler at Blucher.Also at Blucher there were
Hooded Warblers,YB Chats,N Parulas,Nashville and Black and White Warblers.Also
had a small flock of Orchard Orioles.Making our way over to Paradise Pond we
stopped at the wetlands area in Port A. There is a nice flock of LB Dowitchers
and American Avocets that are getting into their breeding plumage,quite a
sight.A few bright Roseate Spoonbills made for a splash of pink.A nice
assortment of birds at Paradise Pond which included 9 species of
warblers:Tennessee,Orange-crowned,N
Parula,Yellow-rumped,Blackburnian,Yellow-throated,Black and White,Hooded,and a
beautiful Worm-eating who was a life bird for quite a few people on the
boardwalk.There was also a Red-eyed Vireo,Summer Tanager,Indigo Bunting,and a
female Rose-breasted Grosbeak.

                                        Helen Rejzek
                                        San Antonio

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds