[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Birding at South Padre Island

  • From: Ferguson/Prothro Carol/brenda <jipseez@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 23:31:57 -0500

Hi,

We have moved from Mission down the road to South Padre Island and will be
birding in the area for the next week.  On a general drive around the island
yesterday, Mar 30, 2012, we saw
a few interesting birds.  There still doesn't seem to be much here in the way
of migrants.

At our RV park, Pier 19, there were around 12 Red-breasted Mergansers, 30
Redheads, 2 Buffleheads; on the beach near the Convention Center there was a
group of around 90 Black Skimmers along with Caspian and Royal Terns, an
Osprey, and a few Sanderlings.  We'll keep you posted.

Good Birding,

Carol Ferguson
Brenda Prothro
South Padre Island

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds