[texbirds] possible Chihuahuan Raven between Hamilton and Jonesboro

  • From: Shirley Wilkerson <shirley.wilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 21:25:46 -0500

Today on Hwy 36 between Hamilton and Jonesboro, Dan and I noticed a large
black corvid, lumbering along, flapping very slowly, and it was large --
very large.  We think it was a Chihuahuan Raven.  Need some help - please
take a look at the bill, and "4 broad feather fingers", and  see what you
think.
Three photos here:

http://www.bluemelon.com/caramia/recentimages#photo-5236419/T800600

Dan and Shirley Wilkerson