[texbirds] photo findings on SPI Frigatebirds (3) on 07/01/13

  • From: "Rex Stanford" <calidris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEXBIRDS" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 00:48:06 -0500

I now have examined on the computer my photos of the three Magnificent
Frigatebirds seen on SPI yesterday (07/01/13). Two points, based on those
photos, may be worthy of mention:

1. Three of my earliest photos of the frigatebirds, contrary to what I had
asserted in my posting of late yesterday (07/01/13) prior to seeing them on
computer, did show all three frigatebirds that were seen there. These three
photos unequivocally establish the presence of three individuals of that
species at SPI yesterday.

2. Features shown in the photos of two of those birds indicate that at least
one of them was a first-year bird, and that the other was not fully adult,
even if decisive aging may not be possible for the latter bird based upon
the photos.

Rex Stanford
McAllen, TX