[texbirds] more Seedeaters

  • From: Robert Becker <robertjbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 18:42:37 -0800

I was part of a group from the RGV Birding Festival that today found 5 or 6
White-collared Seedeaters at La Laja Rahch, between San Ygnacio and Laredo.

A festival group at the same site yesterday found 16 seedeaters. Taken together
with the latest report from San Ygnacio, it appears we have a bumper crop of
these rarities.

A photo of the seedeater, plus a few other recent RGV birds, are here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/sets/72157649012672712/

Bob Becker
Rancho Viejo