[texbirds] migrants at SPI today

  • From: Robert Becker <robertjbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 19:58:58 -0700 (PDT)

There was a good push of Wilson's and Canada warblers at South Padre Island
today, as well as many empids, Yellow Warblers and Baltimore Orioles.There also
were two Clapper Rails and a Sora on the public access section of the
boardwalk. Large waders were plentiful, but smaller shorebirds were scarce.

On Thursday, two Misssissippi Kites were perched on a wire near Estero Llano
Grande State Park.

Photo highlights are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/

I would be grateful for any IDs on the empids I've posted.

Bob Becker
Rancho Viejo
In the Valley