[texbirds] marbled godwits on Laguna Atascosa tram tour

  • From: Laguna Atascosa <laguna.atascosa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 10:00:17 -0600

With the strong NW winds blowing the water away from the shoreline, we have
lots of mudflats and shorebirds.  Among the most notable have been a dozen
or so marbled godwits the last few tours.  We've also seen a peregrine
falcon hunting ducks.  We have been dry for several years, so if you want
to see water and all the water birds it brings, come on out.  Tours along
the Bayside Drive are running Thurs - Sunday from 9 - 12 and 1 - 4.
Bird tours begin January 4 and alternate between our main refuge unit
(going around the freshwater lake) and our Bahia Grande unit (salt and
freshwater bays, coastal prairie, thornscrub habitats).  Reservations in
advance are required.  Call 956-748-3608 ext 111 for more information.

The refuge visitor center is open 7 days a week from January  - March.

Check our website for details on all programs and services.

Marion Mason,
Ranger
Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge
956-748-3608 ext 111

--
www.fws.gov/refuge/laguna_atascosa