[texbirds] Re: fork-tailed flycatcher info?

  • From: Chuck Davis <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: david@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 10:08:48 -0500

 I read the report of the Fork-tailed Flycatcher in eBird on Thursday night
and was going to be in the area anyway, so I stopped by the Skillern Tract
yesterday (Friday) to look for the bird. I was NOT able to relocate it. I
noticed that the checklist that originally reported it was from May 19.

I was able to find a Purple Gallinule near the downstream observation
platform, and a small flock of dark ibis on the west side of the entrance
road that contained a single Glossy Ibis (blue flacial skin). There were
many dark ibis farther from the road.

Chuck Davis
La Porte, TX