[texbirds] eBird Article in Scientific American Magazine

  • From: Mira M Pellerin <mirampellerin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 08:42:18 -0500 (EST)

I was attempting to wade through my many magazine subscription this AM, when I
came across an article in the February 2013 issue of Scientific American
magazine about eBird (see pp. 69 through 73). The article uses eBird as a good
example of the data that ordinary citizens can contribute to the scientific
community; it is quite interesting.

The article also lists other projects that interested citizen volunteers can
contribute to.

Mira M. Pellerin
Pearland