[texbirds] Re: albino shorebird

  • From: Mitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 20:04:01 -0500

Hi all,

In the 70's I had a pure snow white Least Sandpiper at Newport Bay,
Org.Co. CA.
I have photos somewhere of a pure white Snowy Plover taken at Sunset Lake,
Portland, TX, when we lived there, about 1985.  It looked like
porcelain until it moved.  Also have photos of a mostly white Wilson's
Phalarope from somewhere, I can't recall without notes, probably CA.
Have seen a few partial albino (leucistic) shorebirds over the many
years.

Mitch Heindel
Utopia
www.utopianature.com