[texbirds] Zone-tailed Hawk, Painted Redstart (?) and new Calhoun Co. species

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 11:13:32 -0600

walk to the mailbox this morning.  Did this bird get on the Lost Pines
CBC??   They are getting fairly regular here
  Brent Ortego mentioned that a group found a Hairy Woodpecker on the
Welder Ranch in Calhoun Co. during the Delta CBC...Are there any details or
photos?  This would be the FIRST record for Calhoun Co. that I know of,
documented or otherwise..   I have spent many an hour rounding up old
records for the county and have never had one myself there.  I would like
to add it to the Calhoun Co. list.

  Also someone reported a Painted Redstart for that Count...Can anyone be
more specific?   Any photos?.  That too would rate, which county?

  PS, the actual county list is not represented on Ebird but I have the
complete list dating well back over 100 years.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas