[texbirds] Yellow-green Vireo at Resaca de la Palma SP - update

  • From: "Bird.fried" <bird.fried@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 07:11:17 -0500

Yesterday at 2:30 pm at Resaca de la Palma State Park, Ron Weeks and I saw the
singing Yellow-green Vireo reported earlier that day by John O'Brien and then
by Bryce Hardaway. We missed the bird on the first pass down the trail but
heard it singing on the return trip and were eventually able to get quick looks
and a distant, but diagnostic photo.

We saw the bird on the Mesquite Trail about 0.4 mile beyond the trail head. A
good landmark at about 0.3 mile is a service trail to the left (don't take this
one) and a Mesquite Trail sign on the right. About 0.1 mile beyond this spot
the vegetation opens up and we saw the bird working back and forth between a
large Huisache Tree and an Ebony tree about 30 yards off the right side of the
trail. We put a dry palm frond in the trail to mark the spot, though not sure
how long it will stay. We gave the location to the staff at the park and they
can also provide detailed directions when you check in and pay your fee.

Good birding!
Bob Friedrichs
Palacios

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at