[texbirds] Yellow Warbler in Port Aransas

  • From: Mikael Behrens <mikaelb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 13:11:08 -0600

Howdy,
I was able to spend a couple hours of Christmas morning at one of my favorite
places, the Turnbull Birding Center in Port Aransas. It was a very pleasant and
breezy morning before the wind shifted to blow out of the north at about noon.
The only surprise bird species was a Yellow Warbler foraging with the
Yellow-rumed Warblers in the trees between the parking lot and the boardwalk. I
see that based on eBird records, this isn't so unexpected for the coast but I
thought I'd report it anyway. Also notable were at least 20 Queen Butterflies
on the flowering plants in the same area.

Here is my eBird list from the morning:

Happy holidays!

Mikael Behrens
Port Aransas (until tomorrow)