[texbirds] YH Blackbirds

  • From: "Rhandy Helton" <rjhelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 10:28:16 -0500

I had estimated 35 Yellow-headed Blackbirds at the Junction Sale Barn (goat
pens) on H83N this morning. This area is across the road and just a little
northward from the Junction Ingram Tennis Center. A quick walk-around the
center produced 2 Bullock's Orioles, Vermilion Flycatcher, numerous
Clay-colored Sparrow and 2 Pyrrhuloxia. There were also 2 YH Blackbirds at the
tennis center.
Yesterday in the gale northwind myself and the Paulson's had 4 Black-capped
Vireo and a low fly-over Zone-tailed Hawk at the South Llano River State Park.
These sightings were on the asphalt road that goes off from the park
maintenance shed area (thru the 3 orange cones). I also had a Say's Phoebe on
the high fence on the right as you come into the park.

Rhandy J. Helton
Junction, Tx.