[texbirds] Williamson County- Nashville Warbler, Red-Headed Woodpecker

  • From: Randy Duncan <osufight@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 16:48:10 -0800 (PST)

Just got home from our big day attempt-- more on that later after I have slept
a bit--. The Big surprise was at Berry Springs Park in Georgetown. A beautiful
male Nashville Warbler. Great unmistakable look from about 20 ft away. Was
along the boardwalk part of the trail between the lake and the creek. I tried
to snap a pic with my point and shoot, I will post it if I got the shot.
       Other highlight was relocating the Red-Headed Woodpecker previously seen
at Granger. Was about 1/4 mile upstream from the primitive boat ramp today.
Long day but unforgetable... Goodnight.     Randy Duncan    Leander, TX