[texbirds] White-crowned Pigeon at South Padre Island

  • From: Erik Breden <erik.breden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds ListServer <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 02:37:21 -0500

TexBirders,

I spent a delightful hour with our newest "rare bird" at the Birding and Nature Center on South Padre Island today (Thursday October 4th). When my wife and I arrived the bird flew from its normal perch, tree-hopped around the parking lots, and then returned to its original perch, where it allowed relatively close approach and photography.

Many thanks to Javier for managing both the bird and the small groups of people looking for it. As a result, it is likely to remain for others to see.

Photos can be seen at:

www.otterside.com/fall2018/index.htm

A great bird! Enjoy!

Erik Breden
Weslaco, Texas
Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at //www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking permission from the List Owner