[texbirds] White-breasted Nuthatches in Lubbock

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 18:10:20 -0600

Greetings All:
Phillip Kite and I spent several hours exploring the Canyon Lakes of
Lubbock today.

We spent close to four hours at the Purina Mountain Bike Trail. Our first
cluster of birds contained 3 White-breasted Nuthatches and 1 Brown Creeper
- in the wooded area favored by paintballers and mountain bikers. Other
highlights from our visit: 1 Winter Wren, 3 American Pipits, 4 Field
Sparrows, 1 White-throated Sparrow, and 13 Pine Siskins.

We then spent an hour at the Lubbock Cemetery where highlights were few: 1
Orange-crowned Warbler and 16 Chipping Sparrows.

Our last stop was a quick, ten minute, visit to the Erskine Street Marsh
where the only highlight was 2 Soras.

I also got pictures of a Yellow-faced Pocket Gopher at Mae Simmons Park and
a Coyote at the Erskine Street Marsh.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock