[texbirds] Re: What Subspecies is a Dark Morph Red-tailed Hawk?

  • From: Robert Reeves <birder.reeves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "david@xxxxxxxxxxx" <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 10:05:11 -0600

I think that each subspecies can have dark and light morph individuals,
with quite a bit of variation among all plumages.
Check out the article at aba.org by Jerry Liguori and Brian Sullivan,
"Comparison of Harlan's with Western and Eastern Red-tailed Hawks." I
haven't read it, just now googled it, so I don't know if it will be helpful.

Robert Reeves
Pflugerville