[texbirds] Waller Co. - cinnamon teal and GH owlets

  • From: "Harvey Laas" <hlaas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 20:58:09 -0600

Ventured out in the balmy weather this afternoon for a bit.  Found a male
cinnamon teal down at Pine Lake here on the ranch among the usual duck
suspects.  First one seen here in at least   a year.  The surprise was that
while I was watching the teal a beaver cruised into view.  It has been about
3 years since I've seen any beaver signs.  It'll hang around until it warms
up enough for the gators to venture out.

Also, checked the live oak in the family cemetery and the great-horned owls
have two youngsters again this year.

Harvey Laas

10 miles N of Brookshire

Too close to the North Pole these days