[texbirds] W Texas Hummingbirds

  • From: Kelly Bryan <kelly.b.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 20:43:51 -0600

Texbirders,
We squeezed in a banding round between fronts today.  Had to cancel
yesterday due to 60-70 mph winds and another big blow forecast for
tomorrow.  Despite the adverse weather conditions we saw 15 birds of 4
species and caught 12 as follows:

Lucifer - 1 adult male recaptured at CMO (originally banded in Aug of 2009
as an adult)
Anna's - 4 new birds at Lajitas (2 males, 2 females), 1 recapture at
Lajitas, 1 previously banded female observed at Far Flung (no evidence of
breeding in any of the females)
Rufous - 1 new female at Lajitas, 1 new female and 1 recaptured male near
Willow Mtn., and 2 recaptured females at CMO
Allen's - 1 previously banded SY male observed at Lajitas, 1 previously
banded SY male observed near Willow Mtn., and 1 new adult male banded at CMO

--
Kelly B Bryan
Fort Davis, Texas

To follow the progress of my hummingbird project go to:
http://westtexashummingbirds.com/
To support this project, other bird projects and our educational outreach
in west Texas go to:  http://www.westtexasavianresearch.org/