[texbirds] Visiting Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:42:56 -0500

Visiting Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

Getting current info:

Fastest-  #SusanWarbler
I post first to twitter on exciting birds

I post to Texbirds and Satx birds and Texbirds Facebook

We are an EBird hotspot and data from the beginning of ebird

Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary is on YouTube, warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx

Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary is on Flickr

I'm one person, so it takes time to get things done.  I get 200 emails/day
during migration and everyone has to go through me to get in, but I usually
answer within 15 min.  Last minute requests not a problem.  I prefer email,
then text message, then calls, only when necessary--I'm out birding too!

The last week of April and first 10 days of May are our peak.  We will hit
17-22 species of warblers in one day from the comfortable backyard seats, which
are provided, several times each migration. If there is an onshore wind, the
birds keep going when getting to the coast and we get arrivals 10-1 pm.  There
are 3 weeks you should really be there.  We have people that come after work
and they are able to refind most of the days songbirds.  Night bird action is
also fun, but I'm usually too tired to cover that.

We have 124 acres of trails with varied habitat.  To visit, email me and if I
don't know you, introduce yourself and request a day and approximate time to
visit.  You have to have a gate code to get in. Trail maps and checklists
online and in Visitor Kiosk.  I will send you info on getting in the gate.
Sign in upon arrival and leave one of my checklists filled out, before you
leave.  If you EBird, make a note of that.
WarblerWoods@xxxxxxxxx
More info at warblerwoods.org

Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary is a premier inland migrant stop for migratory
birds and home to many resident birds.  They have had 289 species of birds and
40 species of warblers.  Please join us to see some of the beautiful songbirds
that go through our area.  People travel from across the United States to see
the wonders of Migration each year here.  In 2011, they won the Texas Land
Steward Award for the Blackland Prairie from TPWL.    We are also  a Gulf Coast
Bird Observatory inland site partner and are a Hotspot on Ebird. This Jewel is
located between Cibolo and Schertz on heavily wooded, private property.  There
are 124 acres of trails, including heavily wooded areas.  We are lifetime
members of TOS, SAAS, TAS

Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) And donations are tax deductible.

Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
Susan Schaezler
19349 Old Wiederstein Rd
Cibolo TX 78108

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TASEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at