[texbirds] Vermillion Flycatcher at Berry Springs Park

  • From: Janelle Medrano <janelle7053@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds listserv <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 10:37:00 -0600

Yesterday (1/11) afternoon we visited Berry Springs Park and the Primitive Boat
Dock area at Granger Lake in Williamson County.

At Berry Springs there was a beautiful male Vermillion Flycatcher posing in a
treetop near the restrooms.  We got a report of a White-tailed Hawk seen that
morning but didn't find it.
At the Primitive Boat Dock we looked for but didn't find the Red-Headed
Woodpecker.  Did see a Barred Owl and White-throated Sparrows.

Janelle Medrano
Austin, TX