[texbirds] VNC Trip Announcement for Saturday, October 26th

  • From: MiriamEagl@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 07:05:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, all!

This month's Valley Nature Center Field trip (Saturday, October 26th) will
begin in Santa Rosa with a visit to a private garden reserve, after which
we  have a couple of options:  if the Golden-crowned Warbler is still being
seen at Frontera, we'll head over to Weslaco to try for that, but if not,
we'll  explore nearby areas such as Longoria WMA and the NWR tracts
surrounding Santa  Monica.  Longoria has nice woodland habitat that could offer
up
late  migrants as well as typical Valley species, and the roads and levees
around  Santa Monica could have almost anything; Sprague's Pipits are back
north
of  here, so that's a possibility, along with geese and cranes.

The meeting place is the Stripes in Santa Rosa along SR 107 at 8:00.   Cost
is $5.00, and all proceeds go to sponsor a school field trip to the Valley
Nature Center.

See you there!  MB
Mary Beth  Stowe
McAllen, TX