[texbirds] Utley.... local "spring" stuff.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 10:52:21 -0600

.
This morning I heard Snow Geese going over the house but cloud cover fog
prevented me seeing them.  The local Pine Warblers are singing which is
always a sign they they are soon to leave here.  A pair of Pileateds are
really working a downed Post Oak log...Have been for a while.  Must be good
chow in there.  It is right on the ground.  Last night an invisible
Woodcock was doing its thing for a bit beginning at 6:46.  I toyed with one
of the resident screech owls.  Bluebirds still deciding on which house to
use as are the titmice.  Black Vultures appear to be interested, if not
already nesting, in the old deer blind behind the house...Very sneaky about
how they come and go.  Still have an occasional appearance by the
Black-and-white Warbler on the critter cams. A pair of foxes are also
making the rounds again.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621