[texbirds] Utley (local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 18:58:07 -0500

.
Good winds from S pushing things right on thru...No weather yet to put
anything down so feels a bit like June. Temps are finally getting
comfortable again for the critters and I. Never left the property, had a
lot of rat killing to do so not much birding.
A Canada Warbler was singing nicely this early morn even while I burned
brush nearby but has likely since moved up to N. Tex. . The only other
warblers were the resident Parula and Black-and-white. An empid which I
figured was a Willow remained mostly silent.
A nice big tan Coachwhip passed thru very quickly and the cat "pointed"
out a small Texas Rat Snake but made no attempts to do anything with it.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/