[texbirds] UT Brownsville, 2/9/14

  • From: antshrike1@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 21:05:57 -0500 (EST)

I decided to visit the UT Brownsville campus this morning to work on my Cameron
County year list.  Three Wood Ducks were left of the bridge over the resaca
south of the biology building.  On the right side was a Black Phoebe.  A few
blocks to the west I found two pairs of House Finches.  Eight warbler species,
mostly around the resaca, included Pine, Yellow-throated, and Wilson's
Warblers, American Redstart and Northern Waterthrush.  On the way home I found
a couple of Yellow-headed Blackbirds near the grain storage towers east of FM
1015 in Progreso.

Univ. of Texas at Brownsville, Cameron, US-TX
Feb 9, 2014 9:20 AM - 11:50 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
49 species (+1 other taxa)